Day 1: “Faithful Stewards”
- Read Matthew 25:14-30. This parable is about being a faithful steward of what God has entrusted to us. Notice that God is the owner of these “talents” (or, “bags of gold”) and we are the servant. How does this shape our attitude towards what we’ve been entrusted with?
- What are the gifts, opportunities, and responsibilities God has given you in life? How can you make use of them for his glory?
- What are the obstacles to doing so? Are there any areas in your life in which you can grow in being a faithful steward of God’s gifts? Ask God for help in being a faithful steward of his gifts.
Day 2: “Faithful & Trustworthy”
- Read Matthew 5:33-37. Jesus was refuting a system of oath-taking which was used as a “loop-hole” to get out of what you promised, or as an excuse to evade truthfulness. Instead, he tells us to be truthful and true to our word. When are you tempted to not be truthful, or to not keep promises you made?
- Contrast the end of v37 with John 17:17 and Hebrews 6:16-18. How can reflecting on God’s character help you in this area?