Day 1: Our Great High Priest
- Read Hebrews 4:14-16. Compare what kind of High Priest we do not have to the kind of High Priest do have in Christ.
- There are 2 aspects of Christ as a High Priest which are emphasized: that he “in every respect has been tempted as we are”; and that he was “yet without sin”. Because he experienced temptation like us, he can sympathize with us in our weakness. Because he is not a sinner like us, he can give us the help we need. How do these realities enable us to have confidence in drawing near to Christ (v16)? What might prevent us from having confidence to draw near to Christ?
Day 2: The humility of Jesus
- Read Philippians 2:1-11. In vv 6-11, what describes the “humiliation” of Jesus? What describes the “exaltation” of Jesus?
- What is the connection between this example of Jesus and the instructions given to us in vv 1-4?
- The fruit of gentleness flows out of a humble heart. Ask God to help you to have the humility described. What is a concrete way you could consider others more significant than yourself (v3), or look to the interests of others (v4)?